Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Backyard Woes, and "Whoa!" s

 

I have been moving dirt from this spot by the south steps of our deck to various places around the yards. I guess I'm close to halfway done. The goal is to get it four inches below the concrete that's already there and do another pour so that whole part off the deck is concrete. That's where our lawn used to be. This is taking me a while because I'm old and slow. Mike was nice and rototilled it for me and so it's nice and soft. But it's such a mess right now. But eventually we'll have a nice(er) area off our nice deck. Maybe some flower containers or something. It just didn't make sense to put grass back in the spot since there's no easy way to water it. And it's the path from garage to garden, meaning it should have lots of wear and tear. 

That's the woe. Also-- it has been over two weeks since a landscape company came by to look at our backyard and said they would contact us with a bid in about 2 weeks. We have a feeling we may never see him again. That means we'll have to do the retaining wall by ourselves. Woe is me (us)!  MORE dirt to move, one shovel at a time. This is over by our apple tree where the yard elevation changed with the addition.


But here are the WHOA, THATS SO PRETTY!! parts.

Apple blossoms! So pretty. So many busy bees, such pretty blue sky, lovely clouds.






No comments: