Fifty years. Wow.
From the dry deserts of Southern Utah and Nevada, to Hawaii, to Cedar City again. . .now we are celebrating in New York at Niagara Falls and beyond. It's been a great day, and a wild ride for the 50 years of marriage.
We started with breakfast in our hotel, then walked to the Maid of the Mist, walked right on and started our day off right.
It was SO COOL. We loved it. Every minute. We were the first ones on board and asked the guide people where the best spot was. Two different folks said, "Up Front, bottom deck," so that's where we went. So fun.
Yes, my hair was very wet. I looked like a drowned rat the rest of the day.
We walked back to the hotel and got our car and headed to Palmyra. We visited the log home,
the frame house, walked through the Sacred Grove area. I avoided getting bitten by mosquitos! I didn't dare stop walking the trail. So I walked and flapped my arms around. It was so beautiful. Everything was really nice-- the tour, missionaries, the weather. Couldn't have been nicer. The farm was interesting, with a threshing barn
And a Cooper's shop.
We drove past the temple in Palmyra. We got lost trying to find the Hill Cumorah for a bit because I didn't read a map closely enough.
The Palmyra temple and grounds were closed for maintenance.
We walked through the grove and I enjoyed the flora and fauna very much.
Golden rod
Big white fungi on a fallen tree trunk
Eastern Aster
The tree canopy was great.
The paths were not muddy in spite of rain earlier in the day.
One tree was showing it's fall colors.
We saw a couple of squirrels and a chipmunk or two, but that's all.
We went on a tour of the Grandin Printing shop and book store. Great tour there, too!
They had very nice displays and exhibits there. We were tired and opted not to hike 10 more minutes to the hilltop and monument, so we drove toward Niagara and our hotel and to a Longhorn Steak House. We split a rib eye steak dinner and had dessert, too Mmm, mmm good.
(And Mike REALLY enjoyed that corn!)Haha























No comments:
Post a Comment