Friday, September 20, 2024

Fall canning, and 48 Years

 Three batches of raspberry jam.

One 5-quart batch of tomatoes.

Two dehydrators filled with fruit leather from older fruit . . . So I would have enough jars to bottle tomatoes.

One big baggie full of Anaheim peppers, roasted, seeded and peeled, diced and frozen.

One medium bowl of peaches peeled and in the fridge. That's the very last of them!

Yesterday I snapped and cooked a big batch of green beans, plus stir-fried a smaller pan of baby green beans with garlic and sea salt.  I also made muffins and pumpkin bread to take to a neighbor family who had a funeral and lots of people gathering. (Kim Holyoak's Dad)

Tina, Mike's niece from St. George stopped by today, so we ate lunch ( leftovers) together. 

I made so much apple juice from wind-fall apples over the past weeks ( I froze about 12 gallons, total) that it burned out the motor in my Sunbeam electric 2 speed juice extractor. Oh well. My hands were tired anyway. And it was kind of old, as far as appliances go.


It was our 48th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. Mike bought me lovely flowers and the perfect card. He's so sweet.





No comments: