Sunday, October 6, 2024

2024 St. George Marathon. SWOOSH!

 Damian ran the whole marathon, not just the half as originally planned. And he did it without Don, as he was injured at the last minute. Weight-lifting incident. 

I decided last minute to go watch him finish. Saturday , October 5, 2024. I tracked him on the app. I even helped another person track THEIR runner while waiting since she didn't have cell service.

And then I missed him! I thought I saw him, but it wasn't him... And then I didn't understand the app...it said he'd finished. But how? It wasn't time.

He sprinted the last few blocks, passing about 100 people ( including one cardiac arrest victim!)! When it looked like he was close on the app,  I approached the fence, I watched on tippy- toes, I didn't see him. Then my phone's camera kept turning off during the wait, so I did a practice video. 

AND HE SWOOSHED BY SO FAST I DIDN'T EVEN SEE HIM!

But my camera caught him. So glad I checked it before deleting the "practice" video. Go, Damian!

I have the video, buts its too long to put on my blog. Tell me how to edit it and I'll put in a clip of just him so you can see how FAST he was. It totally messed with the Marathon app algorithm. Ha!





No comments: