Monday, October 14, 2024

Comet

 I don't remember the name. It's long. But this is only seen once every 80,000 years( really? Who could possibly KNOW that?!?!)

But we found it! 

We drove out west and waited and watched. I got a photo. It's very faint, but it's there!


C/2024 G3 (ATLAS) ☄️ 

Then I came home it was positioned perfectly between houses and trees, so I got a better photo! So cool .



Mike and I had friends over for dinner tonight. A new member in our ward, and his wife. They are in their early 60's , perhaps late 50"s. Talk about a hard knock life. Both of them. But they are on good paths now. Many years of sobriety now between the two of them. But, I practically pushed them out the door in order for me and Mike to take our drive to find the comet! To be fair, we did first offer to take them for a ride with us,'West'. To get a better view of the horizon. They declined. 

I'm a nerd. I thought it was great to find it AND get a photo. Especially since my phone was almost dead.

I spent my ENTIRE  day in the kitchen. I DO love my kitchen. And it's a good thing.

I made:

One big apple pie with good home made crust. 

One batch of jalapeno corn bread. 

One BIG bowl of cole Slaw. I have SOOOOO much cabbage. 

One batch 8 pints of bottled salsa. 

One batch  4 1/2 quarts of bottled applesauce. (I left the peelings on this time... I won't do that again. ) ]

Heavenly halibut. 

Green beans. 

Sliced tomatoes. It was a really good dinner.

And we are stuffed. Nearly all from the garden, too!!

No comments: