Tuesday, August 4, 2026

August.

 Wow. It's been HOT!

But I finally got the first five little tomatoes from our garden. They had better hurry up and ripen, because it looks like the vines are being affected by the curly leaf disease. We just always seem to get that every year! 

Before my tomatoes ripened, I bought little Cherry tomatoes. We had a lovely dinner here with Eric and Matt on Saturday to celebrate Matt's birthday the previous monday. Matt's about 38 years old now I think. Eric will be 36 on his birthday in september. Which is next month! But Mike made some lovely Dutch oven potatoes, and he grilled steaks for us and incinerated some squash. That made me kind of sad. And we had salad. And Caprisi kabobs as an appetizer. Mom came over and joined us for dinner. And we had homemade ice cream for dessert. It was a nice evening. They had come up to Cedar to see a couple of plays by the America something theater company that used to be the Neil Simon festival. I'm glad they came. We had a nice time together.  Too bad I forgot to take any pictures of our smiling faces!

Last night Mike and I went up to woods Ranch and tossed horseshoes between about 7:30 and 8:00 p.m. it was only in the 70s up there instead of in the 90s like it was here in town. It was a nice respite from the heat. Actually, our air conditioning is a nice respite from the heat, and I thoroughly enjoy having Central air!  On our way home we stopped in and visited with Kim and Terry Hunter. We made arrangements to have dinner with them on Monday night at our house! Mike is going to do a Dutch oven meal again. I'm looking forward to it.





No comments: