We drove around in circles, missed turns, I couldn't figure out HOW that Viator app worked. Biggest waste of money ever. So we looked up specific things. Well, one.
We found the beginning and the North Bridge no problem. Eventually we found the Alcott Orchard House. A $15 tour for 45 minutes. . .pass. again, I've seen the old homes and I kind of like the way I've imagined them in my own head with the March Sisters. And some of the films. And we didn't have tons of time.
More driving in circles and mis-directions, but not always mine. Charles miss-navigated us a time or two as well. I made Mike miss turns. They are difficult roads to drive on, truly. Few intersections are two streets intersecting straight. It's frequently five streets, all at odd angles.
We enjoyed a mansion at the visitors center, the Lexington Green, the North Bridge, the exterior, orchard and grounds of the Alcott home, an old cemetery where I almost was swallowed up into a grave ( seriously-- my foot went thru the dirt up to my ankle into hollow ground!). We had a fairly affordable lunch at yet another Italian restaurant in Lexington. Plus ice cream after. And LOTS of beautiful new England countryside cottages and lovely homes everywhere we went!.
We dropped off the Jacques at a Metro Station where they could get back to their car in Revere and drive on home to Maine before too long . It's about 2.5 hours, I think. And our drive back to the Quincy hotel was fairly quick, compared to most. We had far less traffic so that was nice.
We are hoping the storm blowing in will not disrupt our trolly ride in Newport and the mansion tour at "The Breakers", a Vanderbilt estate in Rhode Island.
Everyone seems to be hunkering down for a biggie, and we are just here in our room resting, blogging, and catching up on BYU sports! Haha.
I think I'll have a nap.😙



















No comments:
Post a Comment