Friday, October 11, 2019

Quebec and Montreal

 All the photos below are just lovely pictures of leaves. They were at their PEAK in Maine and Quebec. We were so pleased.  We stopped at a waterfall, a covered bridge and just enjoyed every minute of it. Our day's drive was from Bangor, Maine to Quebec City, Quebec Canada. And I drove ! In a foreign city with signs in a foreign language. Forget I had a minor (nigh unto 40 years ago) in French. NOTHING made sense.   Mike drove most of the way TO Quebec and I drove through the city.







 Check out how the water from the waterfall goes right through that split rock.





 Looking up and down stream from the bridge that crossed over the road. I made Mike stop so I could jump out and take a photo of the pretty scene.  The sign above tells where we were NOT. I don't know where we were. But we actually didn't get too terribly lost getting TO Quebec. Just after we got there.

 We made a pit stop at this lovely rest area in the woods of Quebec. Or Maine. I'm not really sure. It was a big blur of beautiful trees and lakes and rivers. We never saw any moose, though there were many MANY signs warning us to watch out for them.
 Below. We drove past this really nice display of birdhouses mounted on the wood retaining wall/fence on the side of the highway.  Clever, huh?  So charming. We were very VERY glad no-one else was on the road so we could slow way down and take photos. Zoom in and take a look. They are delightful and whimsical.








 This is one of my favorites. Above. It was by the waterfall.


 We just needed some sunshine to light up these hills!  They were truly at their peak and oh-so-lovely. Even without the sun.

 We at lunch at a hamburger joint in a city somewhere and I ate Poutin for the first time ever. It's a Canadian thing. French fries with gravy!  Mine had squeaky cheese on it, too. And somehow I managed to order a hamburger, too.  We really don't communicate well in French. At. All.

Pont Perrault. This was on the drive and the ONLY covered bridge I was able to see this whole trip. However, our friends/relatives the Wade and Karen Seely family went leaf-peeping about the same time we did and they DID get to see covered bridges. I'll add his photo if I think about it later. It's one I wanted to see in Vermont near Woodstock (south of Sharon).


 This one was REALLY big and long!

Below is Wade Seely by the covered bridge I'd wanted to drive to near Woodstock, Vermont.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, bridge and outdoor

This sign (turn your head to the left side) is one example of why it's so hard to find my way. I can't possibly read that much information in the amount of time it takes to drive by it.  Too much information!!!


No comments: