Saturday, February 24, 2018

Valentine sweets

That's not a BIG box of chocolates. It just looks big.

MY box of chocolates was even bigger!  Like about three times bigger. Huge. Immense.

Oink.

I feel loved.

And we are so practical (and cheap) that we buy them after the holiday. So much more thrifty, yes? I certainly don't mind.  Obviously, we are not so much about quality of chocolate at this time. It's just the sugar we love. ;-)   So very much.

And I took treats to work, too.


I would like to say they looked like this. It was . . . sort of close. There were no more chocolate melts left in the store. The strawberries I found didn't have such lovely green tops (but they did taste just fine). They were dipped in pink and red and white! Those were the only bags of melts I could find. Very festive. Some I even managed the swirly-effect.  But most were kind of frumpy and lumpy and not very perfect.

It's the thought that counts, right?  We have a couple of folks in my department who don't eat sugar, so they got plain berries.  And I had some red/white/pink caramel M&M's too. Mmmmm. Candy.

Valentine's Day is a good day if you

Have Someone Who Loves You
Love Candy
Enjoy Flowers


And don't mind waiting till the day after :-)

Oh, and I also wrote love letters to each of my children. Too bad the Post Office didn't deliver them on time. They were mailed in plenty of time for deliver by the 14th. Plus, most of my kids don't check their mail boxes regularly, anyway.  Good thing they check email, messages, facebook and video chat!

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

We got your love letter and LOVED it! It was so thoughtful and sweet. It was signed "Love, Dad" so I gave Mike the credit. Are you the one who really deserves the credit?

Linda Liebhardt said...

The CARD was signed "Love, Dad". The LETTER was supposed to be signed by me. Wasn't it? And, yes, I will happily and gratefully take credit for the love letter. Mike doesn't do much of the writing in our family. Unlike Nick. And please tell Nick it is about time HE did another blog post!
(Mike did share the text you sent him with me when he got it.)