Sunday, April 7, 2019

Owens' family Spring Break in Cedar/Gunlock Reservoir Falls

Gail planned her kids' spring break for Cedar Cith this year. They had about a week off and Caroline had signed up for a recruiting event (Orientation and 'sleep over') here at SUU and brought a friend. So it was just the four of them and they came on Tuesday. Seth was working.
We planned out a couple of activities to do together, and I had to work, too. Mike is still workin /volunteering in southern California at Chrisit's place. It is slow going, as all remodles are.
I took Thursday morning off and we went to Gunlock Reservoir to see the waterfalls there. Very pretty. They stayed down there and went on into St George while I came home to go to work. I had to do a split shift that day.

It is an hour and a half drive to Gunlock! I had forgotten it took so long. But it was a lovely day. We were lucky to get a parking spot.

Looking kver the area from my parking spot. You have to walk down a sttep ravine, across a liitle creek, the up the red hills and rocks to the other side to view the falls.




I'm in the purple shirt. If you zoom in, you can see the row of cars across the way.  We thought we got there early enough, but the crowds grew and grew and grew as we were there, and we only stayed an hour. My spot was snatched right up as soon as i had my back up lights on.


So many cascading falls, so many people. Some teen age boys were jumping into a vey cold pool. They were being filmed by someone with a drone.



Its a pretty steepstek to the top of the falls. Through red sand and rocks. And cactus. And wild flowers





No comments: