Sunday, November 13, 2022

AGW 2022, Saturday the 12th

 More food!

Breakfast was at Hash House a Go Go, but we took (very long) ride share cars out to the west Sahara location. Apparently the Linq location(which we walked/ wheeled to) had a 45 minute wait for a part of our size -- 9.  I'm sure these weird meals are hard on Mom's diabetic system.

But it was  yummy and we should have done more sharing. I chose to have a pancake. Who knew it would be a pancake the size of my head. Bigger than my head!


Yikes. That was called the "Tractor driver combo" or platter, or something. Two eggs, sausage, and a pancake. I cut mine up into the equivalent of EIGHT servings. I did not eat them all. Maybe four. Craziness. Such waste! All over. So sad.

My girls. On their phones.





That afternoon, it was the spa for me, Donna and Liz. That was Liz's first massage experience. She said it wouldn't be her last. We enjoyed the hot tub, the steam room, scented showers, fixed our hair, hydrated with water and juice. And felt like warm, squishy jelly fish as we left.  Here we are before our massages.



I had a nap in my room while Mom watched Laurence Welk and Antiques Roadshow, Gail and Caroline wandered shops, others gambled.

Dinner was at a very noisy Italian place.


I had to PASS a NOTE to Donna at the other end of the table because she was unable to hear me due to the high noise volume. And we do not read lips that well.



 Very expensive, too. I guess all the food we ate in Las Vegas was. I wish I could have taken ALL the leftovers home! I wouldn't have to cook for a week or more. I had ravioli, and I do plan to keep my leftovers. We are going home Sunday, we have a fridge in our room, and I have a little cooler bag. And access to ice. We should be fine. 

After the dinner, we walked over to the Linq's High Roller Observation Wheel and bought tickets for ALL of us.


This is the Linq from the side. I'm in white, way in the front right, wheeling Mom. It was very chilly and windy.


On the high roller as a group.
Lots of photos were taken, this is just a few. 

The wheel peaks out at 550 feet in the air, takes 30 minutes for a full circle and costs over $30 at night. But the views are spectacular!


 A new events center in the shape of a sphere is going up to the east of the Strip. We hear it will be screens inside and out. Sounds rather fragile.










After the High Roller experience, we went our separate ways. Donna and Liz had an early flight, were tired and headed to rooms, Carine and I walked to the Venetian Grand Canay Shops. 
We saw part of the Mirage volcano eruption on our way.





The canal shops haven't changed much. I bought a cookie, Caroline got a cannoli for her and Gail and we walked back to the Paris through the scuzzy strip. It's really awful. We are pretty much over ever needing to an AGW There again.






 

1 comment:

Donna A said...

San Antonio???