Saturday, December 3, 2022

Temple worker party

 Time for Christmas parties and gatherings!

Tonight's was for Service Missionaries and paid clerical staff. I never even knew there WAS paid staff in temples. But there are a few. 

We all had the opportunity to attend an endowment session at 4 pm, then gather at a nearby chapel for a potluck dinner and program. We got to hear our old neighbor, Marijeanne and her daughter, Mari, sing to us. We knew many of the folks there, but met some new friends. Mike and I only work 8 hours a week there, but the Temple is open many more hours with many more staff. 

We had to wait a while for the food. Ham from Lin's market and shrimp. Yum!

Lots of lovely breads and sides and salads. I made a big pan of funeral potatoes. There were lots of leftovers, so I took some. And so did lots of other folks. I won't have to cook for a while.


We had to fill out name tags that had HINTS for our name. A rhyme, or a description, or something. Mike's name tag has two beautiful hearts. Because his name is LIEBHARDT which is Germans for LOVE (heart) hard. Two hearts. Clever. Someone else drew the hearts for him 
My name "Rhymes with Brenda"  and in Spanish "Means 'pretty'".


One task on a game was to take a picture with someone. So I did and she texted it to me. Kari Jensen, Office Worker. Cute back drops were provided. I was one of only two people there wearing holiday attire (there are sparkly snowflakes on my red shirt), so I signed a LOT of papers for others. We were collecting signatures. 


Here's a cute snowman container of GODIVA chocolate and Utah Truffles, and Lindt chocolate. 

Marijeanne Carter. My old neighbor!  And her daughter, Mari. Also old neighbor. We miss having them and their talent in our Ward.

Leftovers! Potato casserole and jello salads.

Funny thing about the food assignments. There were between 60 and 70 people there, maybe. We were asked to bring food assignments according to last names. A thru G, breads; H thru M, green or other salads or other side like potatoes; M thru S, desserts.
We saw only ONE dessert! I mean, the jello salads were like dessert, but my friend Janet SEEGMILLER,  who brought a frozen raspberry dessert, and I looked around and could find only one person there who had a last name beginning with S. And that was her. Hmm. Strange that it didn't balance out better, huh?
I'm really glad I worked hard at filling out my game sheet with names in order to win a prize. I got my candy/ chocolate fix for the night.


Sparkly snowflakes on my shirt by glow of Christmas tree lights.
I do have my tree up now.

Oh, and Mike and I came home to Veronica Loch in the basement,  prepping for a Cedar City Drag Show. (Eric's performing tonight in town.)

You can see the resemblance, right?

Caroline is assisting with Eric's wig.


Gee, Mom...at least let me get my wig on!








No comments: