Monday, August 15, 2011

Check



One of the things I've had on my "Summertime List of things to Do" was to re-line the kitchen cabinets. Not ALL of them! Heaven's no, I'm not THAT ambitious!! However, there was one that was in particularly bad shape that really needed some attention.

I accidentally went to work early today. (That happens way more often than it should. I shudder to think what I'll be like when I'm 60. Yikes.) I showed up at 8 am --WITH brownies for my student workers who have persevered all summer long, working hard and long. They were "Healthy" -er brownies, made with zucchini and applesauce. ;-) Yeah, like brownies can be healthy. BUT, I wasn't supposed to be there until 11 a.m. because I'm closing tonight at 7 pm. Susan was nice enough to say, "Well you can come back at 12 if you want. Just as long as I get out of here by 1." So I went home. I re-lined the kitchen cabinet with all my baking and seasoning stuff in it. I consolidated a lot of containers. It looks lovely.

And I even had time to finish Sunday's Crossword puzzle AND read today's paper before I headed out to work. Oh, AND I folded and put away all our laundry from last week, too.


I like bonus mornings like that! It makes me feel like I actually accomplished something for a change. Yes, I know, MOST people do these sorts of things on a regular basis (accomplish stuff), but I feel like it's a rarity with me. So just bear with me while I gloat ;-)

1 comment:

Donna said...

Gloat i sure would!