Saturday, March 31, 2012

Don't blink. It's almost Spring.




The last of the snow has finally melted from our back yard. The neighbor's apricot tree, and most of the others around town, are in full bloom. Our backyard daffodils are blooming and the tulips are starting, too! The pink hyacinths were just GORGEOUS and oh-so-fragrant. We just had to pick them and bring them into the house. Then Eric had to take them to his bedroom because I think they were making me sneeze. Even the snow on the mountains is really disappearing quickly.

BUT

The weather around here is really sneaky! Even though it seems like spring has sprung. It hasn't. We've had a fierce wind all day. I'm pretty sure that it's blowing in a storm. I don't even have to watch the news or check weather.com to know that we have at least two, possibly three or more, snow storms to come before it really and truly becomes. . . well . . . summer. Spring is a "blink and you miss it" kind of season around here. I'm not going to blink. I will not miss it. The blossoms on the ground and in the fruit and flowering trees are just too spectacular NOT to see.

Don't blink or you'll miss it.

No comments: