Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rubber Bands



I'v been trying to be a little more fit lately. "T-Fit" is a program through work, and they offer some opportunities to participate in stuff. Like yoga--for free! And weight training--for free! There are walking groups, a basketball tournament this month, I've done water aerobics in the past. . .it's all good. My goal is to go to weights at least 2 to 3 times a week. This is not to get strong or buff, but just to stave off osteoporosis. I also want to attend Yoga 2 to 3 times a week.

So, the other morning in yoga the instructor was telling us to ". . .stretch and relax, stretch and relax. Think of your muscles as rubber bands, stretching and pulling. Gently, no pain, just a gentle stretch..."

Then this thought came to my mind, "Wait. . .OLD rubber bands break!" And so I pictured my old muscles just snapping * snap * as I bent, pulled and stretched.

I don't know that I'll enjoy doing those stretches quite so much in the future. Either that, or I'll just start giggling.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Old rubber bands - I would giggle @ that thought I. The middle!