Monday, January 21, 2013

Wish I would have worn a pedometer today


It's not like I don't HAVE any, you see.  Here's a collection of a few that I have.  I wear one periodically to track how many steps I take  in a given day.  10,000 is the goal for fitness, I hear.  I don't do much of that of late (walk for fitness).  I do, however, do water aerobics, a bit of weight training/cardio, and some yoga on the side.

But these pedometers....well, I wish I would have been wearing one today.  I decided to walk to Gail's on the other side of town.  It's been a while since I walked there, and it was a nice lazy day for  me. I was up really early to get the guys off ice fishing, but then I went back to bed.  I slept SOUNDLY for about three hours, which was a really nice treat. I sleep really crummy at night lately, so the nap was needed.

Leisurely breakfast of left-over strawberry shortcake from dessert last night.   Then the walk.  I had a nice visit with my neighbor around the corner before leaving, so that was a nice treat.  I moseyed I guess, because it took me nearly 45 minutes to get there!.  Then we (Caroline, Jonathan and I ) walked back to my house. Another 45 minutes.  That was a goodly bit of walking for me.  I did some carrying of J, too, since he said he was "runnin' out of energy."  True, it was a long walk for them--but that was the point!  Wear them out.  Three day holidays are not always fun for a mom with deadlines to do, and the grandma had none (deadlines).

There is another lady who lives on my street.  Coincidentally, her name is also Linda. She is a serious walker.  She has been walking for years and she walks a LOT.  People all over town know her and who she is because she's been "The walking lady" for so long. Now that she's retired from teaching elementary school, she still walks, but now instead of just one walk in the afternoon/evening, she walks twice a day or more!  I can only imagine how many miles she would log on a pedometer.  Yikes. And here I'm feeling all accomplished about my little two-miler.  Humph!

I just love the silly language translations, explaining how a pedometer is supposed to work.  They made me laugh, so I have added them here for your enjoyment.



Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, everyone.  Enjoy your four-day work week and go for a walk one of these days.

No comments: