Monday, October 12, 2020

First breakfast in the "new" room




 We had a few extra people at our house on Saturday night, October 10. Katie and Casey have spent the last 2 weeks in Southern Utah. They have been staying in St. George. Casey worked during the day, remotely, and he was helping with computer networks in his two brothers' homes down there when he wasn't working remotely. He did work a lot, had lots of conference calls. He was busy. Katie was busy with school for kids most days. Then they spent their Saturday helping Casey's parents with a huge storage-unit clean-out project which included many hours of sorting and moving and consolidating AND many trips to the dump! They worked hard. I am sure his parents really appreciated the help. I tended the twins once for them while they worked a while, and we kept the kids (all four) at our house the last Saturday night they were here so Katie and Casey could have a belated anniversary celebration together with no kids.  Those kids are hard to get to sleep! It took until about 11 pm, and I'd worked hard all day and was tired. I hope they slept all night. I sure did. ha. After I put them to bed once at 10 pm, I heard noises and went down to investigate. They were all up, bouncing around on the bed, the bedding was all torn off the bed, the blankets were strewn all over the place or tangled around them, they' steamed it up with all four heated bodies. It was like a sauna in there. Those kids are crazy!  So I separated them and tried again. I think it 'stuck' that time.  Where they get all their energy is beyond me! Crazy kids.  Four kids and a dog. I hope I wasn't too "Grumpy Grandma" on them so they'll have good memories of times at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  

Sunday morning, we fed everyone breakfast of waffles and pancakes. We got to break in our new kitchen and dining area! First meal in that new area of the house. Woo Hoo! Exciting times. Things are getting done, slowly but surely.  Shoes are required (because you can get slivers in your feet if you don't!). Katie and  Casey picked up the kids and dog and all the stuff that goes with them, packed up and headed home after a stop at Brookdale to see grandma and grandpa Autrey and thank him for the cool wooden cars and trucks he gave them. Everyone in the photo (with Mike laying on the bed, listening to his audio book with ear phones) was connected to a device as soon as breakfast was over. EVERY SINGLE one.  At least I was able to separate them from their toys last night. I took them all away for the night.

It's almost Mid-October. We have had no rain in such a long, long time.

Yet this rose continues to bloom (because I water it, along with our apple tree).



No comments: