Saturday, June 26, 2021

Saturday is a Special Day...

 Breakfast on the deck this morning.  Check! 

Laundry. Check!

Dust whole house (well, not the basement). Check!

Grocery shopping. Check! I jokingly "fired" Mike a couple of weeks ago from this job that he excels at. But today I apologized  and conceded that he's the best. I fired him because he buys donuts and cookies and sugary drinks. Well, that's MY problem, so I will attempt better self control and let him be the super shopper. He really IS good at it. He is a bargain hunter extraordinaire. And I really do hate shopping and dont do a very good job of saving money or getting good bargains.

Vacuum entire upstairs. Check!

Scrub 2 toilets. Check!

Wash 1 small little red car on the lawn. Check! (What about the big red truck, you say? Uh uh. Too big. Mike can drive it to the car wash!)

Briefly assist Mike with moving a heavy fence section to replace it on the north side of our house. Check!  Hopefully that will keep the neighbor's wandering cute pet bunny from eating my sprouting garden stuff. I had to replant the green beans . (Partly from bugs, too.)

Made and enjoyed a yummy late lunch of hot dogs,  potato salad, watermelon and chips. Check!

Changed our bedding. All by myself. Check!

Paid the power bill. Check!

Did maintenance on my vacuum-- Check!  Empty canister, clean filters, clean all the thick Caroline hair off the roller bar-- it was so full I couldn't see what color my vacuum's roller brush bar was! But I'm still glad C cleaned her room well before leaving for Nevada this summer.

Collapsed on my couch with some ibuprofen for my aching back.  Check!

I'm hoping to get out and prune off a dead stem from my rosebush. Mike also mowed our lawn this morning. About noon, one of the young men from our ward ( who is about 20 now and going to school up north) that Mike taught stopped by to visit him. That was fun for them. Jason brought friends from school with him and I "served" them all Otter Pops while they visited together out on the front lawn.

Last night, Mile and I went with other ward members and cleaned the temple from about 10 pm to midnight. It's always a neat experience to be able to serve like that, and you know its appreciated .  Of course, its really not "cleaning," because theres never any dirt or dust on our cloths or mops. So , we are sanitizing all touch points and hard surfaces. And " dusting" all surfaces, vacuuming (clean) carpets.  We have appointment to actually ATTEND the temple. ... in August! That was the first time I could get and it's for 7 am! 😬



No comments: