Sunday, September 27, 2026

End of the vacation 9/27/26

 Sunday morning we arose at 4 am. It's still raining and blowing like crazy here in Boston, but my American Airlines app still said we had an "on time" departure, so we headed to the airport.

Rain, rain, rain! Windy! Windy! Windy! But hardly any traffic, and green lights all the way down the road😊



 We only made one wrong turn on the way to the airport. Not bad for us! The gps seemed a bit sleepy, I think. Plus, those things have a hard time really seeing where you are when the freeways and roads are so close and literally stacked on top of each other. But we wanted to leave the hotel at 4:30. We left at 4:37. We wanted to be at the airport 2 hours before our 7 am flight, and we were sitting on the shuttle from the rental car return to the check in area at 5:07. Pretty close. 

We split an expensive airport sandwich for an early break fast. We decided to check one carry on bag at the gate for free, so we only had our two personal items to keep track of. Our plane departed on time. The flights were both fine. We read and snoozed across the country from Boston to Phoenix to Las Vegas. The parking fees were high at the LAS airport, but I knew they would be. The tolls and extra fees on our rental were big, too. I'll need to check that more closely when I can print it out. But it was SO nice to drive NOT in wind and rain ( though the drive home was actually quite windy!). We did get sprinkled on briefly, too. Compared to the Jeep we were using for two weeks, our Subaru Outback sounded so smooth and quiet. 

It's good to be home. I look forward to sleeping in our own bed. 

The bad thing about being gone for almost two weeks is that now I have small watermelon-sized cucumbers from the garden! Relish anyone?



No comments: