Sunday, December 10, 2017

Fall Leaves

One day while I was riding my bike on a noon-time errand to the bank, I was traveling along University Blvd and it was so pretty!  There are huge, soaring London Sycamore trees that line part of the street in front of the auditorium and many of the leaves skittering along the street were keeping up with my pace.  We were one, travelling along the road together. It was a beautiful moment or two, feeling one with nature (plus, no cars wer tyring to run me over).
Until I noticed this ONE leaf falling out of the tree, heading to the middle of the street. I think I honestly heard it HIT the road. It was big. splat.  I thought, "Wow. If that had come down on my head, it sure would have startled me!"  It would not have hurt, of course, like the leaf in the New Yorker cover above... and I was wearing a helmet, after all.  But surely I would have noticed and been startled!

No comments: