Monday, July 9, 2018

Around the 4th of July


Fireworks!  I watched them from my front lawn, all alone.  My body decided to get sick that morning, so while everyone else went to parades, picnics and pyrotechnics, I stayed home and slept.



Most of those big ones competed with the ones the city was shooting off out by the airport!  They were very nice, very loud and quite impressive. I went to bed and fell asleep by 10:30 and they were not done yet.

this is the way Katie closes the frige door. ha.

Hayden

Lexi and Ella on Picture day. They'd already been there for 45 minutes ahead of the rest of us...and stayed for even more, good sports.  Their whole family did.

Braeden blowing bubbles for the littles on the front lawn.

Logan loved this "leaf blower" bubble blower. It was Quintin's.

But he didn't seem to mind too much.

Our Sunday Dinner on July 1.  The kitchen group.  Pam, Berenice, Katie, Casey and Mike.  The rest of us were out on the front lawn in the shade.

Katie and Eric had some lively piano duets. It was fun to hear them playing together just for fun.

Even Quintin got into the act.

Quintin and Hailey both have a hard time if anyone tells them "no."  I do have to tell children, "Please don't _____  ," on occasion. On this occasion, Quintin went away all sad. I could hear him weeping (Hailey, on the other hand, wails LOUDLY) but couldn't see where he was. He hid himself under the sheet that was covering the sofa in the living room.

Can you see him, all curled up under there?  He was fine. Just a bit sad for a little while.  I think this was one of the days I was tending so Casey and Katie could take care of Casey's Mom's wedding preparations, etc.

One day when Tandy and Braeden and Ella were here, some friends of theirs came to visit. These were folks they knew from their first year in Texas and were neighbors and became fast friends. Then the friends moved to Ogden!  So they came to visit the Liebhardts, see Cedar Breaks, and play on our yard.

I went for a walk around the block with Mike one afternoon/evening. These are lilies that were growing in a large pot on the Houston's front porch. They are taller than me!  That must be some fertilizer that they use!  Wow.

Quintin had had a red eye for quite a few days due to a pool incident.  He got a direct shot in the eyeball with a pool squirter-gun-toy thing.  Katie decided that perhaps they'd better make sure there wasn't any interior damage since it'd been red for quite a while now (several days maybe?) . So he had his eyes examined. All was well.  But he got these cool shades to wear after they left the dr office. He had his eyes dilated! ha. I've only ever had mine dilated once in my life. He's not even three and he's have been dilated. He thought the plastic glasses were cool.

Quintin and Hailey playing with blocks.

Corbin also thought the glasses were cool

I AM cool.

Ah. This smoke.  Not clouds. Just smoke from the Pine Valley fire. This was from a few days after it began, I believe.  My library in the distance.

I drove around town after work to see if I could tell just where exactly it was.

The smoke obscured the sun and it seemed like it was a dark cloud cover.

No comments: