Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Way I shop. January 12, 2019

It's Saturday. I had some Bealls cash back coupon things I wanted to use before they expire later this month. I need some new black dress slacks. I need some new work shoes.

So I went shopping. Bleah. I don't like shopping.

First I went to the Post Office, though. Stamps are raising by 5 cents at the end of the month, so I bought a roll.  $50.00 . Ouch. I haven't had a roll in a long time...probably since I sent Christmas cards last, though I think I just bought sheets of Christmas ones when I did that. What? You say you didn't receive a Christmas card from us this year?  That's because I did not send any this year. It just didn't happen. So sorry!

Bealls must be doing inventory.  Nobody was around. The store had gaps and spaces and things moved there and there to accommodate "Yes, it's been inventoried," and "no, it has not been inventoried." But the racks were still labeled.  I picked out a variety of sizes and styles and prices of pants, picked out a few clearancde tops. Tried everything on. Went back to exchange sizes, eliminated a lot that just didn't fit, didn't look good, didn't "speak to me" and ended up with one pair of slacks with no pockets. I hate that there are no pocketes, but the color and fabric and the shape/hang of the pants are okay, so it was worth it.  Only I couldn't remember if these were "Sale" items, or clearance and the tag didn't help.  $40. Really?  I don't know that I could stand to pay $40 for a pair of pants with no pockets.  But they were on sale, so that knocked off $10.  Then I had a coupon. $10 off. Then I had a stackable rewards coupon. $10.00 off.  I paid 10 bucks for my new black slacks (with no pockets.). Not too shabby.

Then I went to Christensen's.  They had 50% off their clearance. I checked all the clearance racks. No items I couldn't live without.  I tried on a pair of Bjorn shoes. I do need new work shoes.  Those were almost OK. If they had been "AAAHHHHh"   perfect, then I would have saved my money and gone back to get them.  My last Bjorn work shoes lasted many years, but now they are worn out. These new ones might be worth $135.  Maybe.  Like I said, I'd have to save up for those puppies.  But they were not perfect...one shoe kind of pinched.  I have to have my feet say, "AAAHHHHHHH" before I'll buy a shoe any more. Sorry. Old, tired feet. They deserve happiness and pampering.  I should have tried on the $90 pair, but they were tan, not black....maybe they can get black? I'll have to check another time, like maybe when they are having a shoe sale. That wasn't today.

Then I went to Deseret Book. I had received a gift coupon from them just yesterday in my email.  I figured it was just a little pamplet.  But no, it's a 160 page book by President Eyring called On the Path Home and I wanted to pick that up. I also knew I had quite a few Platinum rewards points that would be expiring soon, and wanted to spend those on a New Testament study guide for me and Mike to use this year. I like all the online stuff that is available, but sometimes a book is a good thing. They had a rather pricey one, but the points I had more than made it affordable, so I got it.  I also picked up a CHRISTMAS TREE (I said I wasn't going to collect those anymore, but it's so hard to resist sometimes!! I got one earlier this week in Walgreens for 99 cents, too) for a dollar.  And I didn't have to pay a dime. My Platinum Rewards paid for the study guide and the tree with 47 cents to spare. That's my way to shop.  Good deals.

Successful shopping :-)  A rare treat.


Green wire tree from Walgreens

Silver brush tree behind the green wax candle trees.



No comments: