Sunday, February 21, 2021

Of liver and things. Dishes, really.

 The photos loaded backwards. View photos from the bottom UP, please. 

My Grandma Sorensen made LOTS of ceramic things. Aunt Tuny gave me these ashtrays recently. The pink, heart-shaped dishes are being used as jewelry trays on my bathroom counter.  Damian said they look more like a liver. Only to his medical mind. To me, they are graceful heart shapes.

I grew up seeing these mermaids on bathroom walls. They are back in place on MY bathroom walls.

Also, while unpacking a box of dishes that I had kind of forgotten about, I found the fishies. . . And I'm keeping them. Please and thank you.  They will soon be on my bathroom wall. I havent decided which bathroom yet.

The gold-trimmed china came from the Coles/Sorensen family. Most of them say "EN" on the bottom, painted in gold. If I'm not mistaken, this was Leona Coles sister, Edith Nielson. Nelson? They never had children, Aunt Maureen had a setting for 12 of this same Gold-trimmed china that she gifted to me some years ago.  It's at Katie's house in a hutch she refinished.  Edith was known to her nieces (my Mom and her sisters) as "Aunt Dee Dee."

And, finally, there are some beautiful TEXAS pieces. The dishes with purple pansies were my Grandma Agnes










Autrey 's favorite dishes. I did not even know that my parents had them until they moved from Georgia to Utah in 2019. If these speak to YOU and you are an Autrey or Sorensen family person, speak up! 

I have been blessed with an abundance of beautiful dishes that are meaningful to me and hope they, and their stories, will be passed on to my grandchildren. 

And this is just MY side of the family! Mike's side also has two sets of dishes! Guess what might be coming to a newly-wed couple in our family in years to come?

1 comment:

Donna said...

I don’t know that anything speaks to me :) they are pretty and we used to have dinner at moms house with those dishes I do believes