Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Magic Kingdom

 Day two at the parks was spent at the Magic Kingdom. It is interesting to try to figure out how to get to a new place each day. We also decided that we would NOT break our necks trying to get to parks early. Or even on time. No alarm clocks! (That's one of MY favorite things about a vacation). There are still going to be crowds, no matter what. 

And heat. Oh, the heat. 90+F. Humid...very. so we just sweat all day! Ick. We are NOT used to humidity. But, We expected it. We bring water with us each day and try to stay hydrated.  

There are a few rides that will give those in ECV(electric conveyance vehicles) a come back time. That worked well for us a time or two so we "walked" on and missed most of the line or had shorter wait times. Some lines can accommodate a vehicle the whole way! ECV's tend to go fast when turning. That's a bit nerve-wracking, having one of those on my heels as we wend our way down a winding path to a ride!. Luckily Mike is an excellent driver. I would have hit someone by now.

We rode and rode and waited and waited. Applied sunscreen, had a snack, enjoyed a lovely lunch at "Tony's". Napped in "small world" truly. That's why we went on that one. Too bad I could not elevate my feet, too!.  I also rested in the Haunted Mansion really well. Not my favorite ride, but cool and restful if one closes their eyes.

We skipped the last ride we wanted to do because we both had to make it across a large parking lot, too, before getting back to our hotel. But we made it! I pushed Mike in a wheelchair through the parking lot. I did NOT push him up or down the steep ramp to the Monorail, however.  ECV's have to be returned at the exit gate of the amusement park. We have to take the monorail to and from the gigantic parking lot.

We were at at our hotel by 7:30 pm and I peeled out of my clothes, got in my swim suit and headed straight to the pool and hot tubs. Soaking in a "Theraputic Spa" as the hot tubs are labeled here (ha) has GOT to be helpful because we are still alive and moving after 2 days of Disney World. (Only Mike's lower back is really sore and achey as of Tuesday morning.)

Not bad for a couple of out-of-shape fat old farts. 

Parades are short little spontaneous interruptions here and there throughout the park with various characters. 


River boat in background. Florida water is so clear, you can see its track!
Coolest spot we found. It's a little fountain spraying water. Looked like a geyser and was by thunder mountain RR. Ahhhhhh. Coolness.
The SMOOTHEST coaster was 7 dwarves run away mine train in Fantasy Land. This photo is of Thunder Mountain. I did Space Mountain alone. Mike's stomach was a bit queasy. So sad. But he did enjoy the 7 dwarves. 

See? We were still smiling on our way out of the Magic Kingdom.
One cast member did ask me if I was excited for our day in the Magic Kingdom? This was at the very beginning of the day as we were renting Mike's ECV. I had to admit that there was a little bit of dread mixed in, not pure excitement. I guess we are getting a bit too old for this. I was dreading the fatigue, soreness, heat, humidity, long wait lines, crowds...not the rides and the "Disney Experience". But were they worth it???!! I am still deciding.


No comments: