Friday, November 12, 2021

Bands of America, Indianapolis 2021

 Damian invited me to accompany Ella to Indianapolis, Indiana. Braeden is in the Claudia Taylor (Lady Bird) Johnson High School marching band, and they are competing in the Grand Nationals here in Indiana, Indianapolis, Indiana.

He and Lexi did this two years ago, and the whole family came. It was a vacation. THIS year, Damian couldn't get work off, Tandy is the chair of the marching band uniforms committee, so she had to go with Braeden and the band. Lexi was attending, but she was flying from her place of residence at college. Which left Ella out in the cold. Grandma to the rescue. Haha. I think I might want to make it a habit of traveling with grandkids. This could be fun!

I flew on Thursday morning from Cedar to Salt Lake, and from Salt Lake City to San Antonio. But just for the afternoon and night. Then Damian took me and Ella to the airport for our Indianapolis flights on Friday morning. It got complicated and we spent ALL day and much of the evening in airports and on planes due to delays and re-routing. Two meals in two different airports. Lunch in San Antonio's, and dinner in Denver's. 

We were supposed to be in Indianapolis by about 6 pm, but didn't get there until 10 pm. Oh well. Ella and I managed to hail an Uber. My first. It worked.

  And tomorrow we watch bands perform, maybe meet up with Tandy and Braeden. Maybe. They are plenty busy and booked with rehearsals and performances. Bands, bands, bands. ! That's why we're here. Downtown is positively crawling with band kids. About 99 competing, I hear.

We have an 8:15am breakfast appointment with Lexi's friend's family. At Starbucks. I guess I'll finally get to taste their hot chocolate.😉.


Lovely room at the downtown Marriott.



View from room  window. Or the reflection of out room, depending on how you look at it. Ha! 





Seats made of luggage. Baggage claim at airport in Indianapolis.

Airport #2




that time Ella (13) whomped me in Big Boggle. Humiliating. But she makes me proud at the same time. 😆






No comments: