Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Southwest Symphony Dress Rehearsal

 In October, Mike and I went to St. George and met Eric( Matt was working). We got to attend the dress rehearsal for the seasonal "Spook-taculat" concert. We three sat right behind the cellos and a beautiful harp, and next to the basses. It was old hat for Eric, but pretty cool more me and Mike. And it was loud, but beautifully done. Especially the harp. I never knew there were so many pedals. And their music sheets are kind of cool. 

The event was organized by Abe Ashton and Ashton and Associates (Financial and Retirement Planners). It was fun. We , as a group, only stayed for part of the dress rehearsal, many of us right IN the orchestra, observing and , honestly, I was just smiling the whole time. Then we went to the theater lobby for refreshments, and then Eric picked up Thai food and the three of us ate at Eric and Matt's house.

Then we drove home. MY food was supposed to be "mild" curry. It was NOT.  I had Eric taste it, fearing I was being a big baby. He said, "Nope, that's not mild. It's spicy." He checked his order and the receipt. It was their mistake. But I ate only half, and the next day I diluted it with baked potato instead of rice. And it was good. Twice. :-) Thanks, Eric! Adventures in Food ate always fun.

So, I got to see Eric twice in one week! Mom had a Dr. Appointment in St. George on that Monday. We met for Lunch. At Harmon's Deli. Lots of choices there, but we all opted for the healthy Salad Bar.

Lunch with Mom and Eric in St. George

Southwest Symphony Dress rehearsal

Harp music. Interesting.



No comments: