Monday, July 24, 2023

July and AFTER the reunion

 We had a lot of other activities.  Tandy and Ella Returned.  Mike and I visited Katie and family overnight and picked up Gayela in Aurora and brought her to Cedar to spend time with us.

We saw plays and greenshows, ate yummy food, played games.

Gayela and I attended the Chadburn Family Reunion in Pine Valley.

Mike had his right shoulder replaced on July 13.  That's been interesting since he can do not much of anything for 6 weeks or so. But he is doing well overall.

I made copy-cat Utah Shakespeare Festival TARTS for us.  They were good.  But not good enough to go to all that trouble again.  We'll just have to remember the tarts from our past because, I'm sorry, but $5 per tart is too much for me to pay! I remember selling them for 50 cents each.  When they went up to 75 cents, it was too hard for me to do the math. ha. (sad, but true)

Some photos for my memories and your enjoyment and perusal. haha


Aaron and Donna Chadburn . They live in Washington, Utah now and brought two daughters and some grandchildren with them.  








Our garden is faring well. Jackie Bulloch let me pick a LOT of cherries from a tree on some rental property. I picked and gave away quite a few. They were small, but yummy. So much fruit this year in many places, on many trees. But I don't wanna put up any! 


Mike had Braeden and Ella dig out the basketball standard pole. But they couldn't. Too deep. So they labored in the hot, hot sun, dug the hole, rested, then buried it again. Yikes.  all for naught.  Someday we will get rid of that ugly thing.

We finally relented and played "nerts" with everyone. Ella always requests it and she promised that she had improved from her former wild and loud and fearsome player techniques. And she was right!  She HAS improved! Nobody was bleeding or injured in the end.




My silly Mommy is making bunny ears on Eric.





He was home the day of surgery. I've been able to keep my temple appointments, etc.  He has suffered no complications, and as I write this, he's over 10 days post-surgery. Reverse Shoulder replacement. Dr. Lex Allen in Nakken's office.

I also spent some time with Gayela at the Instacare for a possible UTI.  Three days later, she still had pain and wasn't much better, so we went to the ER.  More scans.  Now she's on the mend, hopefully.
She took a terrible fall on her way here from Denver. In Grand Junction we stopped to eat at a fast food place and she fell hard on her back and bottom and head in the parking lot.  Ouch. Nothing appeared to be broken, but she bruised severely as the days wore on.  She spent time up in SLC while we were having our reunion.  I'm guessing her family won't let her come here again, as it looks like we've thoroughly beaten her!  Poor Gayela. Now that she's ready to fly home, her bruising is almost all healed.

No comments: