Saturday, December 16, 2023

December hiking

 Babies and doggies and red dirt, Oh, My!

Started my morning off early with steak and eggs with Mike. Gail, Seth and Johnny came to spend the night last night, so we had a brief visit with them last night, but They left before I returned from hiking.

I drove to New Harmony to carpool with Jessica Henshaw, our Ladies Hiking Group leader at 8 a.m.

On my way to her home, a huge flock of wild turkeys crossed the road right by me. I've never seen so many at once.



Pretty cool. There were MANY more than just these. 

We exited at Washington, headed down to the Grapevine and the Dino Cliffs trail. Pretty area. 5 other ladies, two more dogs and one baby joined us. We were 7 total.
It was very cool. I had on multiple clothing layers and didn't shed any of them.

Enjoy the views!

Toward Pine Valley mountains

Looking back down toward Washington and St George. It's been hazy all week.




Proof I was there.






The parking lot was so full!




Me and my hiking buddies for the morning, Coda and Milly ( Jessica's dogs).










No comments: