Saturday, July 6, 2024

Tuacahn's "Frozen" by Disney

 


Yeah, I know. It's usually "Disney's Frozen." Tandy had an extra ticket so she invited me. 105 heat in  St. George. Outdoor theater in a concrete amphitheatre. Lots of little kids. Over an hour away. Start time 9 pm. 

I had to think about it, but decided to tag along. It was so worth it. Great production! Magnificent seats!!!

We stopped and ate dinner together at Iceberg.  There were just 19 of us. I only ordered a corn dog and water. I'd decided to PRE hydrate prior to the show and I'm glad I did!  However, as others got there food, I ended up eating far more than just my corn dog. The serving sizes there are way ridiculous. HUGE. A so-called shake is really just 3 1/2 cups of soft serve ice cream. Good flavors. Raspberry Oreo was what all their family selected. I tasted Damian. I helped Pam eat her fries. I shared ONE of Tandy's onion rings with Pam. Like I said-- it was A HUGE SLICE of fried onion. Then Pam and I both helped Colleen eat her caramel "Shake." We were amazed at how much ice cream those kids and others ate. 

Damian said goodbye after dinner and headed to Las Vegas airport and his red eye flight home.

The theater wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be! It should have been 99 at 9 and 10 pm, but there was a breeze that helped it to be tolerable. Yes, we all had sweaty butts, but it could have been waaaay worse!  Such a fun production. Talented actors, great set and costumes. We loved it. It is certainly easily ADA accessable and Colleen was probably really done in by the end of walking down stairs and finding elevators, which were kind of far away from seats... But she managed. 

Tandy drive me home and I was in bed by 12:30 . Not bad. Thanks for a great time, Tandy and gang!






No comments: