Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Ending July 2024, ER visit & Garden

 Mom had a visit to the ER as a result of her back shot. Her blood sugar was over 500 on Sunday night July 28. She also had extremely high blood pressure AND low sodium(again). So she really felt rotten after getting to the ER. Strangely, high blood sugar alone gives her NO symptoms. She only knows because she took her count because the CGM just said, HIGH. She was also a bit dehydrated.



We spent a out 4 hours there, got some nitro glycerine and insulin, fluids, tests, then they released her. She did remind me that Doctors there need to know about her DNR order. Apparently it is Only on file at "Our House." Something to check into, I suppose. 

She's improving daily.

Well enough, in fact, that she came over on Tuesday, ate lunch with us and Mike's nephew Archie Gardner who was passing through for his job, and then me, Mike and Mom went to see "Fly Me To The Moon." 



I loved it! Highly recommend.( If only that Woody Harrelson character wouldn't have said the f-word once.  Why must they do that??!! Grrr)

I start ushering at Shakespeare this weekend. 

It's garden time around here. 

Today is Wednesday, irrigating day. I did the back garden and trees , Mike did the front lawn. I picked "the few" apricots that were ripe and on ONE branch hanging over the wall from Levi's house. Well, I guess I'm bottling apricots today! 



And there was lots of other stuff , too.


Garden dinners are so good.

I also bottled green beans the other day 


Also on Saturday, I had some neighbor ladies from the Block over for a visit and Brunch. Because it had been so many of their Birthdays! We had quiche, among other things and enjoyed our visit. There were 8 of the 11 who were invited, so not bad. And I neglected to take a photo. I DID take a photo of two pies😉.


Mmmm. Mike and I are most of this one. I forgot to serve it at brunch,candy then the Larson's come over to help us finish it off. Raspberry cheesecake with chocolate. Just yummy.




No comments: