Friday, July 21, 2017

Awww, I feel so loved


I came back to work after a long absence to find this hanging over my desk, suspended by monofiliment thread (fishing line) over the light fixtures. The middle paper says, "Linda, like the sun, you are the center of our universe!" and there are planets and such going out from there on either side.  Cute. I feel special.

I have a good group of student workers (and staff!) this summer.  There are more than usual this summer (5 or 6 instead of 2 students) due to an excess of Student funds (a fluke), and they have over-lapped shifts--something I seldom have the luxury of doing.  They have spent more time on projects together, and even played together. Last night (7/20/2017) was the second "After Hours in the Library" party that they had just for our department employees.  The administration approved of it, so long as there was a responsible supervisor. I wasn't available for the first party they had, but came to the second one (I came in late due to another commitment) and it was such fun. The first time they watched a movie together. Last night we played games.  It was wild and crazy and loud!  We were the noisy "Librarians after Dark" crowd. They all brought treats and snacks to share, taught each other new games.  The group was there from 9 pm when we closed to the general public until 11:30 p.m. Eric came, too, and so did two spouses. There were between 8 and 11 people at any given time. I dropped into bed at 12:10 a.m. Wild and crazy night. ha.  I mean, for librarians. ;-)

It was really hard to wake up at 6 am to go walking this morning at 6:15. But I did.  And my partner wasn't even there to meet me on the corner! I noticed a few other draggy gals this day at work, too. 

No comments: