Friday, June 21, 2019

Family Ties






Yesterday after work, and after I gave Mike a much-needed haircut, we went to the temple to do some family sealings. First on my list was Aunt Maureen's sealing to her parents, and to Uncle Leonard. I had previously been proxy and performed Aunt Mauren's initiatory and endowment.

I don't know if she is ready and prepared to accept these ordinances, but I hope so. And I hope Uncle Leonard is, too, since he has had much more time on the other side of the veil to think, learn, and decide.

One thought that I found quite touching was that we were also there, by proxy, for my grandparents. As I looked at their names on the paper, I just thought that they would have the opportunity to be here in the Cedar City temple with me and Mike. And I have not seen them for a very long time! These, too, are people that I know and love. So often when attending the temple, we are performing ordinances by proxy for those we don't know.

Now, I am not a visionary person at all,and I suppose you might think I can tell you that I felt them there or saw them or something. I did not. But I'm still very happy that we went, and that the possibilities are now more open to be a forever family, more completely linked than we were before.

The othere names we performed sealings for were for Koehler's and Wetz women to be sealed to their parents. All my side of the family, so that was unique and special.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Very sweet. Way back when I did baptism for Grandma Wetz