Saturday, March 12, 2022

Driving to Denver in March

 We are going to Castle Rock to celebrate the Ides of March. Which also happens to be Corbin's birthday. He will be 11.

We didn't get out of Cedar until close to 11:30 a.m. on Friday the 10th. But, the very LARGE ocean scape oil painting that belonged to Casey's great grand parents actually fit into the back of our little car. Casey was happy to see it. (Katie, not so much.)

We listened to an audio book. I drove for nearly 300 miles of the drive, highly unusual. Mike nearly always drives for most, if not all, of our trips. I mean, he still did, but I did drive considerably longer than usual for me. He did the hard parts through the mountain passes. I drove from Salina Utah to Glenwood Springs, Colorado. We had dinner there. Lunch was egg salad sandwiches in the car on our way out of town.

I think we got to their home close to 8:30 pm or so.  My comment to Mike as he drove into their street was, "it's the one by the dumpster".  Ha ha.


Lots of dumpsters line the streets in this neighborhood. Lots of construction around them. Very few home are occupied.

We DID forgot our pillows, and I forgot my seat pillow. Ouchie bum after being in the car so long. Or, better known as TB. (Tired butt)

Saturday was a field trip to Costco. Adults only. Pizza for a lunch ( from Costco). And the weather was beautiful, so Mike and Katie and I went for a walk around the neighborhood. We looked at the model homes again, Katie and I.


Costco!

And My Fitness Pal STILL won't sync with the Google Fit app on my phone.  Hmph those steps should show up on my exercise log. It happened only once or twice... very strange.

And sometimes we just watch movies and catch up on emails.


Or read books.



And we played a game. Or two







This one is fun!





No comments: