Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Monday March 14. Castle Rock, CO

 Morning yoga, a trip to Target, out to Lunch with Gayela, baking a cake, grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, a walk around the neighborhood with Katie at sunset.

Pretty simple days. The kids were all home due to Spring Break. That doesn't mean we saw much of them...non-school days give them screen time, so there was a lot of that going on .

Katie worked on the arrangement for her " Family" wall. But then Casey said, "Let's not hang anything on our walls.'  Katie did hang that huge sea scape painting. Maybe it will stay. They've only been in their new home two and a half months, and getting things just the way you want them takes time.

 The very LARGE seascape painting is in their "Hearth Room." This room is off the dining area, haS a TV, a two-sided fireplace, two lounge chairs. It needs book shelves. They didn't keep any of their old book cases when they moved and need to replace them all.

Katie was offered a security job at Charter! She will most likely accept it and begin in April. It will be challenging, trying to orchestrate getting kids where they need to be, etc, but they've been talking about this for a while now. The twins are in school and this will be their savings tool for retirement. Plus finishing up the rest of the new house stuff Katie needs/wants to do.

Mike and I have been watching the weather and a storm system is coming through here on the day we HAD planned to drive home, so we may need to leave earlier in order to have a safer drive. But Tuesday is Corbin's actual birthday celebration, and that IS what we came for....

Mike and I had a nice visit with Gayela over lunch. March 14 is PI Day, so I had PIE for dessert. (We went to Black Bear Diner.) I thought that was fair since the waitress insisted I should NOT have had avocado slices on my scramble...but that was why I ordered it....grr. I did check the menu on my way out and I was right.  Mike did get free cheesecake, and a double portion. Perhaps that was her way to make up for her avocado blunder? 

Hailey playing on her tablet.

Hayden playing the piano.

I had to go hunting for Corbin. He was playing VR with friends.

Katie working on her wall arrangement, laying it out on the floor. 

She plans on putting it on the wall across from the bottom of the stairs. Centered over a credenza that she doesn't have. Yet. That's Hayden flying up the stairs.

Caillou always seeks body heat. Even my lap, where he is not particularly welcome. :-|

Quintin. Screen time. He still will not get a book for me to read to him.


Fixing grilled cheese sandwiches. In bulk! Haha.

I was sitting on the sofa Tuesday morning while blogging about Monday ( you're welcome, Mom!🙂)
Looking out the back window, there are lots of windows and lots of reflections, sunlight and angles. For a second, I thought there was a floating pyramid in the clouds. Haha.



No comments: