Tuesday, April 11, 2023

On the Road Again! Grand Canyon Rail Road

 








This country.

It is SOOOO big! So wide. So open. So red. So beautiful.

Of course, I wouldn't necessarily want to LIVE in this part of the country, but it does make for a pretty drive.

It's a good thing Mike can stay awake to drive through it, though. All the BIG, WIDE OPENESS quite puts me to sleep!

Me, Mike,  Grandma Autrey, and Caroline left on Tuesday the 11th of April and headed south after lunch. Our first stop was Pipe Spring National Monument in Arizona. We had never been there. They have a lovely museum, gift shop, fort, out buildings. Paved walk ways. It was very interesting. I left my phone in the truck and got zero photos.

We drove on in to Flagstaff, AZ and ate dinner at Olive Garden. Yum. 

We drove on to Williams, AZ. We got there around dusk. Perfect timing. Our Hotel is a Howard Johnson by Wyndham ( I think they own about half the hotels now). It's okay. Caroline opted for an air mattress on the floor rather than sharing with Grandma. Mom conked out as soon as we got here around 8 p.m.  I am rather tired out, myself. But Caroline changed into a swimsuit and spend a bit of time in the hot tub. I didn't even think to bring a suit. Duh. 

The goal is to ride the Grand Canyon Railroad to the South Rim of the canyon. Tomorrow. Grand Canyon Village, here we come! We are excited!!


Pipe Spring photos from the Internet 
  




No comments: