Saturday, September 11, 2021

Correspondence from Correspondants



 I think it's safe to say that we like to write. At least my Mom and I do. These are binders, correlated by month and year, of nearly ALL if our written letters from 1974 through 2002. It's taken me several days to sort and hole-punch and assemble them. I have been collecting empty (used) Binders for just this purpose for years. And it's done.

You see, I have only been a sporadic journal-keeper, so these letters are a very detailed account of my life and times. My children, Mike's work, our moves, our struggles, our happy times. Our BUSY-NESS. It's all there. There's a little gap when my parents lived in Cedar City in the 1990's and we didn't write, and some letters were lost through floods or neglect, but there are a LOT.  I did not take the time to read very much of anything, but just sorted by dates. It was very difficult for me to get my Mom to consistently put the date on the letters she wrote, so some things may be a bit jumbled. 

I think I did okay, all things considered. I think I will enjoy reading them in my older years. I already have had a glimpse at a few things I'd totally forgotten about. (many, many things).

And besides these here on the table, I also have (complete and many with illustrated blogs books printed and tucked inside them) 2007 through 2019 already in my cupboard. That's been an annual effort for quite a while. Maybe no

body cares. But that's okay. I'm doing it for me.


Next stop? Photos. Wish me luck. ( And people were worried I would be bored in retirement).




No comments: