Monday, September 6, 2021

Mike's Summer Project

 After the insides of our house got completed in the Spring, Mike waited for warm weather to finish off the deck by adding some steps.  He decided long and hard just exactly what he wanted to do for steps. It's not a LONG drop, so we only needed two. I think I just asked that he put on more of the same of what the deck is made of -- Trex.

But he wanted something nicer. Sturdier. Fancier.

Oh. My.

What a project. But is will soon be coming to an end.

Stone on Block. I shall not go into all the details. But there are a lot of details going on here. Foundation, block that is discontinued, concrete, stone, saws, blades, heat, mud, flies.

But it's all good. He's nearing the end and has only to complete some hand rails for me. He said that they would not be required because the drop is less than that required for a hand rail.  But *I* need a hand rail. I'm scared of falling down stairs. And I'm generally the one going in and out the back door to see to garden stuff, and watering, weeding etc.

Maybe I'll post another photo when they are ALL done. But for now, here's what we've got going:


South Side Steps. Not yet grouted.
 
 

Below: North side steps

North Side steps, complete with  my morning haul from the garden there on the porch. These are grouted and complete. There's no hand rail installed yet.  Now we have to figure out how to landscape around them, etc.
These are super-duper sturdy. They will be here longer than our home will be standing, no doubt. Mike did a very thorough job on them.


No comments: