Wednesday, July 6, 2022

July in the garden

 We still have not done any landscaping in our back yard. The front is okay. We have been watering the front yard with irrigation/ditch water, as well as the back yard fruits and veggies. I have fertilized, too. And sprayed the apples. We may have a good year, IF Coal Creek doesn't run out of water.

 And that's Gail's car parked on the street. She and Jonny are here until Thursday. They were all here for the Fourth, and Seth went home on the 5th.


Below, tomatoes.


Below, blurry apples. They are about the size of a golf ball.


Below. A Peach. There's more. Ha.




I've picked a bowl of peas, the green beans are blooming, lettuce is still okay. Spinach is gone.  Radishes are gone. I may have won the battle of the squash bugs. Maybe. I hope. I planted another zucchini hill and will attempt to be diligent and keep the bugs at bay. I planted seeds, and two leaves are up. We shall see!

Below
 These are the day lilies Donna gave me. They are doubles!! So pretty.


Mmmmm. Raspberries.


Below, Mike, moving the hose. We don't sprinkle, but the water pressure is adequate to get a really good stream that can soak an area really well in about 10 minutes. Labor-intensive, but free and saves culinary water. Our lawn has never been greener. 







1 comment:

Donna said...

Your day lilies are beautiful!