Friday, January 27, 2023

Denim Quilts, One and Two

 Really more like 6 and 7. I really don't know just how many of these I have made. I have always chosen to save junky, worn- out jeans to be made into quilts. During a couple of our moves, boxes of old jeans were tossed out since I'd not gotten around to making one in those past years. Kids, you know? I was busy. But, eventually, it happened. Yay! And then one actually got done, and another, and another.

I've not been very good at "pretty" quilts. I did try. Once. And I have solicited help with Grandma Autrey quilts, so some of those are getting done. Sort of. But, it does feel good to spend some time on these old projects. Eric doesn't have a denim quilt yet, so this latest one is for him. Binding the two will take time, but I'm so close!


The first one in progress had a LOT of Facebook "Likes" when I posted this photo. 😀

Mike helped me to put this one, number 2, onto the frame. That's a tricky part for me. It's for Eric.

It just feels good to make some progress!


No comments: