Wednesday, January 18, 2023

January 18...Christmas decos put away

 This is probably the longest I have ever left my decorations up. I've enjoyed them all this time, truly. Even this very evening after dinner, I thought about going in and turning on the tree lights...but there was no more Christmas tree. :-(

What I do not relish are the multiple trips up and down the stairs to my basement storage room. I should have counted the trips it took. It was a lot. I wasn't lugging py phone along with me, so I don't even get credit for the steps. Drat.

And I somehow collected MORE stuff!  I thought the goal at this point in time was to slowly get RID of the excess. But this year I gained a (cute and meaningful) Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus ceramic decoration that Laura Autrey made for Mom and Dad. Mom gave it to me, but if another family member wants it and will fondly remember Laura each year it's used, I'll gladly pass it on!  It has a light, too. [ Mom rearranged it better when she was over here later so the light is behind the and Mrs. Claus is kind of patting Santa's back.]



And I got a new little wooden block / hand- painted nativity ( silhouette -style) deco from a fellow  Primary worker. And a couple of lovely wooden Nativity ornaments for the tree. (I do like nativities.) And I also took Mom's glass bead strands for Christmas Trees from her Christmas decorations.  I like beads. And I received a small wooden tree set to go with my Christmas Tree collection that my ministering Sister made and gave to me. Oh! And wall decor in a frame for my birthday that has year- round decor signage to go in it, not just the Christmas one... And I also added a new set of Christmas Tablecloths. The amount of stuff is getting larger!!

Definitely time to downsize. Help me out here and let me know what you want, kiddos.


No comments: