Sunday, August 6, 2023

Dominos and lurkers

 We had a nice Sunday dinner of Mexican Salad with Gail and me and Mike and my Mom. We decided to play dominos after.

I went to get the tin of Domino's out of the cupboard, and


DROPPED the entire tin. Dominoes went every where.
We had to count to make sure they were all there. Crazy.  I think my thumb just gave out. Not surprising. I think I have developed arthritis in both of them and they do hurt quite a lot. I knew they would fail me eventually. This time, it surprised me, though! 
I'm glad it was just a toy and not dishes. 
I will be very careful with dishes from now on. Maybe even have to switch to lighter plastic eventually. 

This is a thing we see every sunny afternoon. It LOOKS like someone in a hoodie, lurking outside our patio! It moves when the wind flutters it, and it's easy to catch a glimpse of it in our peripheral vision when we are in the kitchen
 It's really rather startling. BUT...
It's really just the folded-down patio umbrella. ( Another thing that's hard for my thumb to do-- lift and raise the umbrella!)



No comments: