Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Visitors for Mom ( and us!😊)

 Donna, Robert and Janet came to spend the weekend with Mom. I was kind of sickly with a cold for some of it. I didn't do my Shakespeare ushering shifts, and the added rest really helped. I felt soooo much better on Sunday.

We had a lovely ham dinner on Sunday evening that Eric and Matt missed because their potatoes wouldn't cook! We did miss them ( and their funeral potatoes). 

Donna ended up staying an extra day (bonus for Mom and us!). Tropical Storm Hillary was the cause. Storms in Las Vegas caused a 4 hour delay getting here, and she didn't wasn't to deal with further delays on the way back. 

We had lots of rain due to the tropical storm. That means nice BIG raspberries. They are at their peak now. I did my first batch of jam today. 

I also whipped up some fresh blender salsa, AND bottled the few ripe tomatoes I have. Tonight is a substitute shift at the temple. Busy day. Oh! And Mike drove himself to the gym today. First time back since July surgery. He's technically two days early ( too soon), but he's doing really well.

I sent this photo of picking berries to Ella this morning. She loves raspberries and I wish she was here to share them with me.

These are not headphones, like Mike thought at first glance. A neck pillow.

Lots of games with everyone. Here and at Our House Assisted Living Center.

Mom and Janet at dominos. We also played Push the Dummy, Five Crowns, Boggle, etc.

Oh my. Pie. These were memorable pies Robert and Janet brought for Sunday dinner. Coconut and Banana cream. Red Button brand from the freezer department at Lin's. Soooo good. 




No comments: