Sunday, August 13, 2023

Water, Rain and Birds

 We have been Ssooo grateful for all the snow that came last winter. Our lakes and reservoirs were filled so much! Powell is not totally filled, but smaller ones are. It's lovely. 

And then we have had a few really nice rain showers of late. One weekly for the past couple of weeks or so. Beautiful. It cools the hot summer temps and it waters the lawns and gardens.

Yesterday, August 12, was one of those. I also had to usher at the Shakespeare Festival. It wasn't raining at 6:30, but when 8 o'clock came, it was sprinkling. They did not 'hold' the play, but started in a drizzly rain. And it eventually quit. But I was so cold! Wind came. I was glad for my long sleeves and long pants since I was up in the balcony for the duration.   Brrr. It was only in the 60's, but I was chilled.

The afternoon rainshower came with hail, too! Not as much as Panguitch lake area got, but enough to make me wonder about the garden. Panguitch had white covering the ground they had so much. And, strangely, the hail we saw on our deck wasn't round white ice balls, but CLEAR ice chunks. Weird.

How we love sitting on our deck in good weather to watch the birds nibbling on the sunflower shrub.


See the cute upside-down finch?







No comments: