Sunday, September 10, 2023

Saturday Women's hike

 I like to take hikes with our Southern n Utah Women's hiking group. We try to go the second Saturday each month.

 I've only gone 4 times. This day we hiked in the South Fork Taylor Creek in Kolob (Part of Zion).

There were about 7 of us, the weather was perfect. The scenery was superb. So glad I went. Kolob is wonderful. 

It's only just under 3 miles, but there is an elevation gain of 1000 feet, so it is pretty steep.

There were pine trees, fir trees, pinyon trees, Cedar trees, spruce trees, PLUS the deciduous ones. And a random cactus. Milk weed, wildflowers. The variety was amazing. We saw bobcat tracks and racoons tracks.

And LOTS of red towering rock walls, complete with German rock climbers! And another couple from England. We saw no other hikers on the trail. 

Wildflowers

Rock striations.









The moon!















The rock climber from Germany. There were several paths up the walls with anchors. 



I really enjoyed watching the couple climb. And I also enjoyed my rest at Jessica's house while awaiting my ride home.

The view and zoomed-in view from Jessica's patio and comfy rockers. A little slice of heaven.


No comments: