Friday, September 29, 2023

To Castle Rock!

 Off we go, to Tend Katie and Casey's kiddos for a week while they celebrate their 20th anniversary -- in London. As in England. Plus a day in Paris. 

I decided we should fly. I said it would be faster. I said it was potentially cheaper. I said, I said. 

It might have been faster ... had our flight not been delayed 2 hours.  But we got here.


Proof we got home to Blithe Point.
All is well.

I worked two hours at the temple this morning ( only half my shift), came home, changed clothes, changed our bed, loaded the car and headed to Las Vegas. We ate lunch at a Las Vegas Burger King, went to the airport and I dropped Mike off at Terminal 1 with our suitcase. I went to park in Long term parking. By terminal 3 because 1 was all full. It was a lot I've never seen or used before. But I figured it out and got back to the right place and found Mikey. We made it to check our bag, got a wheelchair for Mike because his knee is SO sore. He can hardly walk. 

After over a 2 hour delay, a gate change, seat changes and re-printed boarding passes, many trips to the bathroom ( and no snacks-- yay us!) a crazy screaming lady in there terminal, , we finally got boarded and got to the Denver airport. Katie and Casey had just got through security, so we met up in their terminal, ate dinner together at Qudoba, said our goodbyes, remembered to get their car key (!) and gathered our bag, found their car, navigated ourselves to their house...all before 9 pm. 

Now, had we driven, we would have been here HOURS ago!!! Oh well, live and learn. 

I hope you hey have fun! We plan to.



No comments: