Monday, October 23, 2023

Battle Mountain and Reno, NV 10/22/23

 Mike and I did Zoom Church in theorning, packed up, said our goodbyes to Gail and Family and hit the road. 

We had a lovely lunch with Darla Liebhardt and two of their girls and a few granddaughters. Troy, Mike's nephew was on shift at the mines and not available to meet.  They all live in Battle Mountain.

I told Mike as we approached the town, "I don't know that I would want to live in a town that has a big BM on the mountain above it" Haha.

We traveled on to Reno, checked in to our lovely Ramada Inn Hotel downtown ( so many sirens!), met up with Alec and Skotti Liebhardt and ate dinner with them at a new house. Good sandwiches, good visits. No photos! Ugh. They are looking good. Skotti is in year 2 of med school, Alec is in year three of running his own car- detailing business and doing well.

And I forgot to give them the jam I'd brought to distribute to those families. Could I be any more forgetful?

We at breakfast at a nearby Denny's on Monday morning after a good night's sleep and hit the road. Again. 

No comments: