Tuesday, October 4, 2022

October and Conference Weekend and some cute grandkids

 After we left Damian in St. George and after we dropped off Pam at her house in Kanarraville, Mike and I picked up my Mom from Our House Assisted Living and we headed up to Provo where she was going to spend the rest of the weekend with Robert and Janet's family.  Mom had a great time because Robert and Janet had ALL their kids over for dinner and visiting that night!  It was so nice for her to be able to visit with everyone.

Mike and I stopped and had dinner with Nick and Kaylee's family in Herriman, then we headed off to see "The Lion King."  We'd never been to the Eccles Theater in Salt Lake City before, but it's a lovely venue.

And then Sunday we watched conference, relaxed, ate, played with kids at Nick's house. It was just a nice, fun weekend.

I'm kind of embarrassed that I didn't even think to turn Conference on the radio as we were driving to Salt Lake on Saturday. Or even to St. George on Saturday morning!  Oh well. But Sunday Conference was nice, and Nick and Kaylee always feed us well and make nice dinners for their family and us.

A meme I saw on the internet the other day: "Nobody every tells you that the hardest thing about being an adult is having to figure out what to fix for dinner----EVERY DAY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE." haha. And it feels like that, I'm sure, when Kaylee has to fix multiple meals and snacks for little people and then us, too!  But she does a great job.

On Monday before we left, Nick took me and Mike out for Lunch at Wingers. It was Mike's 70th birthday!


 We picked up my Mom at Robert's, had a brief visit with him, then drove home via the Nephi Loop scenic drive. The leaves were pretty, but it's just too long of a detour when you still have 3 hours to go before you're home!






So, here are some little Liebhardts, having fun with parents and grandparents at home, in the yard and at a nearby park.

Nick can still stand on his head with relative ease. I almost wanted to see if I could try it, but decided it would not be wise.
Emily attempts summersaults by the couch.


                                                          Jane likes doing summersaults. And she is very good at it!

Grandpa and Emily


Rachel

Giggles with Daddy's tickles on her tummy.

 
 
 
Emily was showing me all her things in the garage--stroller, scooter, car, etc.


These kids are allowed to sit on the counter to see the homemade ice cream spin! We had that on Sunday night and it was really good.
 


Since we were here last time, Logan has learned how to traverse the monkey bars, and he did it before he turned 6 at the end of September!
 

Jane can climb about anything, I think.
 
 
We took a five-minute walk/bike ride Monday morning (Jane and Logan were on bikes; Emily in stroller; Kaylee and I on foot; Rachel in school)  to a nearby park.

This was a fun spinning toy! Kaylee and I both got dizzy... Very... When we took a turn on it.


We were attempting a cute stacked shot of the three of them on this piece of playground equipment. We didn't succeed very well. But the kids all had fun playing on the equipment on this playground. They have lots of places nearby to play, plus their own back yard and the yards of friends'.  Nick and Kaylee even have a nice bounce house they got at the beginning of the pandemic and it's served them well these past years.


My one artsy shot of the weekend. I do love shadows. And blowing on dandilions, as long as they are not in my own yard. ;-)

Happy Fall, y'all!!




 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time get separate shots from the same spot and I’ll photoshop them together!!