Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Sunsets in Winter

 This is just a zoomed in shot from my kitchen window of a bunch of birds in the trees one cold winter day this past weekend. I thought they looked kind of cool.  Literally. It was about 10 degrees. Brrrr.
Today, when I left work and looked left to leave the parking lot, this glowing red hill was so spectacular, I just had to turn around and go back INTO the parking lot, dig out my camera and take a picture of it. Everything else was just gray and dreary, but this red hill to our east was positively aglow with the rays from the setting sun.

 And all around, at that same level, the hills were just glowing--but not the ones behind them!


 And then I came home and had hot cocoa for dinner. Because I could. (Mike's still gone.)  You will be happy to know that I had a good, hearty lunch with my friend, Janet. I had her join me in finishing off the leftover taco soup and cornbread from Sunday dinner, and we had a nice long visit during my extra long lunch hour (because I forgot to take a lunch break yesterday!).
 And here is the last of the glowing sky at sunset from this evening. I've seen far more spectacular ones, but it was just a nice ending to a nice day at work. And now I have FOUR days off!  Yay!

No comments: