Sunday, July 20, 2014

My trip to the dentist, part 1 and 2

I had a dental appointment on Monday the 7th.  It was just my regular check up. I do tend to postpone them, but kept this appointment even though we still had a housefull and were kind of busy.

Nothing new.  They said I'd need to watch this one particular tooth that has a very large filling.  Would I want to make an appointment to start some crown work on it?  Uh, no thanks.

Part 2.  My tooth broke!  The very next week on the 16th.  The very tooth they said I should be watching.   Well, I watched it.  Watched half of it disappear right out of my head and never knew it was gone until I finished my meal.  Which means I ATE IT!!

Back I go to the dentist.  Friday the 18th.  New crown now in process. In the meantime, I have a temporary one that is lovely aluminum, with a silvery sheen.

Wow.  My cheek looks quite chubby there.  Oh, wait. It IS chubby.  Along with the rest of me. I keep forgetting.

I also got a hair cut on Thursday the 17th.  I should have backed up the camera a bit and you could have seen that, too.  But it's just the same ol', same ol' I always get.  I almost did something different, but lost my nerve.  It's not a blunt cut, so that 's a stretch for me.  She thinned it!  I've never tried that before.  Different, but I don't think I'll do it again.

Part three of the dental work to come in August when the permanent porcelain crown is done.

No comments: